Sequence Records on export – Auto Increment Counter ? – Create Date Time ?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Sequence Records on export – Auto Increment Counter ? – Create Date Time ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

ivan308
    Participant

Firstly thanks for the 1.8 update. I was testing the email to csv functionality. What defines the sequence in which records are exported. It looks like it is in contact alphabetic order. I would like to have it in the same sequence as the records were created. Is there a way that I can add a field that will sort them in created sequence. Is there an auto increment a field or a date created field ? Form entry id does not appear to be sequential

October 3, 2009 at 5:33 PM #3783

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Ivan,

The form_entry_id field is completely random, so it wouldn’t be sorted by that. I do have an internal date created field which I can certainly pre-sort the records by before doing an export. In fact, I really just need to expose that field so people can view it along with their records.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 4, 2009 at 12:04 PM #3785

ivan308
    Participant

I know adding the date created field to the interface has some complexity but could you just include the data in every export like you do with form_entry_id ? Could you possibly include it in your 1.8.1 update ?????

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.