Preferences Form

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

letnic
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to Tap Form, but I had some experiences with FileMaker in the past.

I’m currently making a database for my small computer repair shop. For the invoices form I’d like it to automatically get the logo and shop address from another form that will act like a Preferences source.

But I can’t get it to do it automatically, each new invoice I have to select the Preferences child form to the store address to appear. Also, I don’t know how to pass the logo image from a form to the other.

Is it something possible? Can a Form have only one unique child? I’m lost.

thanks for your help.

April 1, 2024 at 12:07 AM #50665

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Letnic,

If you create a custom layout for your invoice, you can just drag a logo into it from the Finder and place it anywhere you like. Each new record you create will have that logo on the layout. So there’s no need to copy it from another form.

A form can have multiple child forms and each child form can have multiple records in it. You use the Link to Form field type to establish relationships between forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 12, 2024 at 6:17 PM #50687

letnic
    Participant

Hey Brendan,

It’s a bit late, but I wanted to thank you. I finally went for the first solution you suggested; by dragging the logo on the custom layout and using the text tool for others informations.

Besides, more I dig into Tap Forms, more I catch its workflow.

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.