Moving categories into another document

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Vaughan
    Participant

Hi

Just updated to Version 5.3.28 (1080) from Version 4.0.9 (399). (Long overdue)
    I see i can now have multiple documents so thought it was time to do a bit of housekeeping and move some categories containing multiple forms into different documents but I can’t see how to do this. Can be anyone point me in the right direction please

September 4, 2022 at 11:56 PM #47900

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Vaughan,

To do this, use the Export Tap Forms Archive command. Then close your document and open the other document or create a new, empty document. Go to the Files area, tap on Exports, then tap on the .tfarc file that was generated when you exported the archive from the other document.

Tap the Import Archive function and that form will be imported into the new document.

When you’re satisfied that everything looks good, you can delete the form in the old document.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 5, 2022 at 4:57 AM #47903

Vaughan
    Participant

HI Brendan

Could you tell me where to find the export Tap Forms Archive command please

Vaughan

September 5, 2022 at 12:06 PM #47904

Daniel Leu
    Participant

File > Export > Tap Forms Archive

An easy way to find the command is using the search in the Help menu.

September 5, 2022 at 2:00 PM #47906

Vaughan
    Participant

I’ve found the tap forms archive link by clicking the icon with the 3 dots and 3 lines at the top of the phone screen within the file but I can’t find the same link in the category

Some of the categories have 15+ files in them and I want to move about 10 categories in them which is why I’m try to move categories not individual files

September 5, 2022 at 10:46 PM #47907

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Vaughan,

On the iOS version you have to export each form individually to a .tfarc file. Tap the form, then tap on the action menu button, then tap on the Export Tap Forms Archive command. I believe you’ve already found this. Do this for each form.

Now close that document by tapping the (v) button at the top-left of the screen (at the main Forms list level or Tools).

Then open your other document and tap on Tools, then Files, then Exports.

Now tap on each .tfarc file and import them one by one.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 6, 2022 at 12:32 AM #47908

Vaughan
    Participant

Thankyou

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.