Loss/Corruption of Data when Importing into Tap Forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Loss/Corruption of Data when Importing into Tap Forms

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

fmrtao
    Participant

Dear Brendan, I am trying to import a small database in csv format which has some 466 rows. When I import into Tap Forms it appears I have only 363 rows. I cannot easily check which data I have lost but I can see that some entries are completely corrupted and muddled (parts of two or more entries in one TF row). This is disturbing and I cannot find a solution. The best conversion I managed (yesterday) was 462 rows, but there were still muddled entries. Can you help me? I was optimistic that your database could at last give me a replacement for my Psion 5 but so far it is looking as though it cannot, which will be a real pity as it looks quite user friendly, if only I could get all my data imported and in the right order! Thanks. Frank

September 16, 2010 at 5:13 PM #4199

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Fmrtao,

Welcome to the world of text file encoding. If you can, try to make sure you CSV file is saved in UTF-8 format. And then in Tap Forms, set the import encoding to UTF-8.

If you’d like me to try the file, please send it to my support email address.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 20, 2010 at 4:45 PM #4202

fmrtao
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, that seemed to work, although I had to do a Google search to learn how to save the CSV file in UTF-8 format; the answer (or an answer) was to open it in Notepad. Frank

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.