Jumping windows

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

A bug???

I have 2 monitors, a large external one above, and my laptop which is below that.  I work primarily on the top monitor, especially with TapForms.

Every time I go into SETTINGS, and then select LISTS, that window comes up, but it jumps (along with the main window displaying my FORM) to my bottom display of my laptop. I have to the select the top menu WINDOW, and select my top monitor to move them back to my working display.

I hope this can be fixed, because I have not found any other action to make the program window jump from the display I’m working on to another one.

MacBook M1 Pro, OS 14.6.1, Tap Forms 5, v. 5.3.41 (build 1053)

Thanks.

October 21, 2024 at 7:59 PM #51214

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Hmm… That’s odd. I don’t use a second monitor, so I hadn’t seen this before.

If you select Edit Pick Lists directly from the Tools menu, does it still do that?

October 22, 2024 at 8:44 AM #51216

Glen Forister
    Participant

I didn’t know that action was in the Tools menu.  I was using it from the settings menu.

I just tried it from the Tools menu and TF did not switch from my attached monitor to my small laptop screen.  Then I tried it from the Settings menu and the windows did not jump either.

OK, I’m crazy now.  I restarted TF and experimented.  The jumping behavior is not happening now.  It has been happening for a while, which is why I contacted you.  Maybe a OSX reboot occurred recently and righted the wrong that was.  Whatever, things seem to be working now.  I’ll let you know if it happens again, especially if a reboot doesn’t solve the problem.

Thanks.

October 22, 2024 at 2:44 PM #51217

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m glad it’s working better now.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.