iOS 18 and video playback Bug

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

If you have an attached file to a record that is a short video, one has the option of view it in TF itself. Prior to iOS 18, the standard playback control would appear when the file was opened in TF that allowed one to scrub forward/backward start/stop etc. while viewing the video. This works fine on the Mac running Sequoia, but alas on the iPad and iPhone the playback control does not appear. You can tap the video to start/stop it, but that is all. Also, the close button is missing. So all one can do is exit TF totally.

September 26, 2024 at 9:04 PM #51166

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just submitted an update to Apple for review that fixes this issue. I switch to using the AVPlayerViewController instead of the UIDocumentInteractionController, which was what was having the troubles on iOS 18. The added bonus is there are more playback controls now on the AVPlayerViewController such as AirPlay and playback speed.

September 27, 2024 at 8:35 AM #51168

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

Excellent! And thank you. In the meantime I can use InFuse to open the videos from TF.

September 27, 2024 at 12:38 PM #51170

ArsAstronautica
    Participant

FYI. Not fixed in the release today. 9/27/2024 Same issue. Both iPhone and iPad.

September 28, 2024 at 5:11 PM #51172

Brendan
    Keymaster

It turns out I neglected to fix it for single file File Attachment fields. I’ve just fixed that bit today. But for now, until I get a new release out, enable the Multi-File option on your File Attachment field. It will work then.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.