ICloud Sync iPhone with iPad problem

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author

jack
    Participant

Hi everyone if someone can help me i am Trying to find a solution for my problem i cannot sync my iphone and ipad with iCloud Sync” , i see in icloud sync only my iphone i don’t see my ipad i read all the blog i tried to do everything i did a reset from the icloud, I delete everything from iCloud But still no LUCK, can someone please help me to find a solution to sync my ipad with my iphone together, if this doesn’t work in there is the other way i can put my information from my iphone to my ipad or the opposite from my ipad to the iphone i really appreciate your help thank you

July 25, 2013 at 10:33 PM #6307

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jack,

Are you sure you’re using the same iCloud account on both your devices? Do you have any other apps such as Keynote, Pages, or Numbers that are syncing properly? They use the same Documents & Data iCloud service that Tap Forms uses for iCloud syncing.

I’m assuming you’ve tried the usual things such as fully powering down your iPhone and iPad and then turning them back on? A full power down requires you to hold the power button down for a few seconds until you see the “slide to power off” message appear.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM #6311

jack
    Participant

Are you sure you’re using the same iCloud account on both your devices? YES. Do you have any other apps such as Keynote, Pages, or Numbers that are syncing properly YES They use the same Documents & Data iCloud service that Tap Forms uses for iCloud syncing. YES

A full power down requires you to hold the power button down for a few seconds until you see the “slide to power off” message appear. Yes I did already but it not working

July 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM #6316

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jack,

When Tap Forms shows you the list of registered devices, all it’s showing you is a list of files that contain the information for each device which you’ve enabled iCloud sync in Tap Forms. So if you’re only seeing a single device registered even though you’ve enabled iCloud sync on multiple devices, that means that your device isn’t sending the files up to iCloud or isn’t downloading the files from iCloud. I’m surprised that Keynote, Pages, and Numbers are working fine for you, but Tap Forms isn’t showing all the registered devices. They both use the same sync technology.

I sometimes refer people who are having exceptional trouble with iCloud to try some of the suggestions on this page:

http://support.iawriter.com/help/kb/general-questions/icloud-wont-work-whats-wrong

I didn’t write that page, but it has some good tips that you can try.

Let me know if any of them work for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM #6318

Meneerke P
    Participant

Same problem here. No sync with iPhone

July 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM #6320

Meneerke P
    Participant

Still no solution. iPhone doesn’t sync with iMac, using iCloud

July 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM #6321

jack
    Participant

yes i try every think but NO IT NOT WORKING, Can we do something ?

July 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM #6326

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Jack!
    First time I use the database I create it on Mac. It was encrypted database. Then I install app on iPad and iPhone. Then in iTunes I copied the database (TapForms_db.sqlite) from Mac to IPad/iPhone (rewrite existing). After that iCloud sync work well. Try to do the same.

July 30, 2013 at 9:09 AM #6328

jack
    Participant

thank you what about i don’t have a mac only iPad & iphone ?

July 30, 2013 at 9:27 AM #6330

Meneerke P
    Participant

Cosmo: I’ve tried it, but no solution for me. Still no sync with iPhone :(

July 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM #6341

Brendan
    Keymaster

Have you guys tried the suggestions on the iaWriter website? iCloud sync really does work. It’s just for some reason some people’s iCloud accounts may not work properly. Try the usual rebooting and suggestions in the iaWriter article, etc.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 31, 2013 at 8:53 AM #6344

Meneerke P
    Participant

Brendan, I’ve tried all the suggestions, but nothing helps.
    i’m a bit disappointed: I’ve just bought the program for iMac and iPhone, but it doesn’t sync.

August 1, 2013 at 12:26 AM #6348

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Meneerke,

Do you happen to have Little Snitch installed on your Mac? It’s possible that you’re blocking access to some of the iCloud servers. Another customer of mine had a similar problem where they could only see the one device in the list of Registered Devices in Tap Forms. At least until the allowed access to the servers that iCloud requires.

If you have Little Snitch or another firewall type service, try disabling it and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM #6352

jack
    Participant

But what about I don’t have a Mac i only have a iPad and iPhone and still does not sync and other applications do work like ia writer, This is very frustrating,

August 1, 2013 at 10:02 AM #6353

Meneerke P
    Participant

Brendan, the app of Tap Form (for iPhone) is the problem.
    I wanted to start all over, but I cannot delete the Tap Form app. My iPhone restarts when I try to delete the app. Maybe an update of the iPhone app will solve the problem.

August 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM #6355

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Meneerke,

If you want to start over with sync, try tapping on the Reset iCloud Sync function.

I’m not sure why deleting the app will restart your iPhone. That’s odd. I would suggest doing the iCloud Sync reset, then do a backup of all your data, then uninstall the app, then re-install it.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM #6356

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jack,

I might suggest a re-install for you too. Backup your Tap Forms data first and either upload it to Dropbox or copy it to your computer using iTunes File Sharing. Then re-install and then restore your backup file using the Tap Forms Backup & Restore function.

I am very sorry for the situation you are in. It’s strange that iaWriter is syncing just fine for you, but Tap Forms isn’t. Do you know if iaWriter is using Documents & Data for sync or is it using CoreData? Sorry for being technical with my question.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM #6359

Meneerke P
    Participant

Brendan, I’ve tried everything. Even reinstall my iPhone, from scratch. Nothing helps. Still no sync with iCloud. I need the sync! Without, Tap Forms is not very useful. Is it possible to sync in a different way?

August 2, 2013 at 8:20 AM #6363

Meneerke P
    Participant

Problem solved? The function ‘Back to my Mac’ was enabled. Now, I disabled it and everything seems to work. Testing it at the moment…

August 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM #6364

Meneerke P
    Participant

Nope, only 1 sync. :(

August 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM #6365

Meneerke P
    Participant

Brendan is it possible to activate a sync with bluetooth? iCloud isn’t working for me and I do need that sync asap.

August 3, 2013 at 4:52 PM #6367

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Meneerke,

What do you mean by only 1 sync? Do you mean that it synced once but won’t sync again?

Try doing the Reset iCloud Sync function again and then slowly re-enable the iCloud Sync on each device. As long as you get all the devices to show up everywhere then it should sync fine and you can begin clicking/tapping on the sync button one device at a time. Let the other devices auto-sync in between each click/tap of the sync button.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM #6369

Meneerke P
    Participant

Brendan i’ve tried everything. re-enable even re-install. Nothing :(
    I’ve bought the app for iPhone by upgrading. i’ve told you the name didn’t change, it’s still lite. You’ve said that didn’t matter, but maybe, it’s a wild guess, there’s something (besides the name) that isn’t the same as the full version. Maybe, there went something wrong during the upgrade.
    Anyhow, there’s no sync possible between the 2 devices. As said, un-installing on the iPhone gives major issues like restarting the iPhone without un-installing the Tap Forms app. Please, make a sync possible without using iCloud, for instance by using Bluetooth. Then there is always a plan B when the iCloud sync doesn’t work.

August 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM #6371

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Meneerke,

I’d be surprised if it’s an issue with the Lite version. The icon name won’t change because Apple doesn’t provide the ability for me to rename the app based on an in-app purchase.

Send me an email directly to support@tapforms.com and I’ll see if I can further help you out there.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 23 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.