Flexible printing layout

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hannes keller
    Participant

Hi everybody,

Just another question. I am coming from Filemaker, but I really like Tapforms.

But I am struggling with the print layout. Is there an option for an multipage layout, and defining footer and header?

Thanks for your help.

May 22, 2024 at 9:58 AM #50744

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Hannes,

You can create a multi-page layout by creating multiple custom layouts with fields arranged as you like. Then set the Print Next option on the custom layout to tell Tap Forms which layout to print next for the currently printing record. At the moment headers and footers are just the form name and the page number, date, and time.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 22, 2024 at 10:00 AM #50745

Brendan
    Keymaster

But you can also set a static value (photo or text) that prints the same on every record. So in that way you can get a custom header and footer on a custom layout.

Please note that on a custom layout, the content is fixed in place as you designed it. It won’t span the same record across multiple pages automatically. But with the Print Next option, you can have Tap Forms print different fields on different pages from the same record if you like.

May 29, 2024 at 3:17 AM #50762

Chris Ju
    Participant

I wonder if there will be a new version in the future that will support automatic page breaks for texts and tables?! Line breaks in table fields would also be really useful, as you currently only see the first line and dots at the end…

June 2, 2024 at 9:51 PM #50769

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, this is coming. At least for printing the Default Layout and for the Table of Records print layouts.

June 2, 2024 at 9:55 PM #50770

Chris Ju
    Participant

Great! I hope, i am patient enough, not to ask you, when the new version will be released … ;-)

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.