Exporting multiple forms as one spreadsheet – possible?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Exporting multiple forms as one spreadsheet – possible?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

gjw
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a doctor learning endoscopy. I need to keep a log of all the endoscopies I do and want to use my iPhone (always available).

Tap Forms lets me record all the data types I need for each endoscopy – multiple copies of the same template as individual forms – no problem.

However, for it to be useful, I need to be able to export all the forms at once instead of clicking through them all and exporting hundreds of CSV files. Is there a way to produce one large spreadsheet with the data from multiple forms on (ideally without picking through the SQLite database)?

I only seem to be able to export one at a time.

Thanks!

Edit — I should add that I’m using TF lite (will buy if I can get this to work) and that it always appears to be the same form that’s exported, irrespective of where I choose the ‘Export’ command from…

October 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM #4240

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello GJW,

There is a small bug which is caching the records when you export. I have fixed it for the next update. The solution is to quit out of Tap Forms completely using the iOS multi-tasking dock. Double-click on the Home button on your device and then tap and hold on Tap Forms. Then tap the red button to close it. Now re-launch Tap Forms and try your export again.

Also, I’m assuming that when you say “multiple copies of the same template”, you are referring to simply creating a new record for a single form? As opposed to duplicating the form each time and filling out only a single record. You should see a single Form on the Forms tab with multiple records when you tap on it

Thanks,

Brendan

October 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM #4241

gjw
    Participant

Worked a treat – thank you.

You’re right, I was talking about multiple records from a single form.

One more sale!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.