check mark

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Vaughan
    Participant

is there a way to check / uncheck all “Check Mark” fields as a single action

July 5, 2023 at 12:54 PM #49668

tonyt
    Participant

What I do is in multi column view, select the first check mark and clear it, then using the handle, drag down the column and they all clear to ‘off’. Welcome to a better way!

July 5, 2023 at 10:30 PM #49669

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Another option is using a script. Following form script updates all checkmark fields of the current record. To clear all checkmarks, use Update_All_Checkmarks(false);. To set all checkmarks, use Update_All_Checkmarks(true);

function Update_All_Checkmarks(value) {

let fields = form.getFieldsForType('check_mark');

for (field of fields){
    console.log("Clearing check mark: " + field.name);
    record.setFieldValue(field.getId(), value);
    }
    document.saveAllChanges();
    }

// clear checkmarks
    Update_All_Checkmarks(false);

// set checkmarks
    //Update_All_Checkmarks(true);

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Daniel Leu.
    July 6, 2023 at 11:35 AM #49675

Brendan
    Keymaster

@Tonyt, also you can use the Fill Down function in the Edit menu to have Tap Forms copy the state of the checkmark cell to all the selected cells below it. Instead of dragging the yellow handle, which may be challenging for some users.

July 6, 2023 at 6:28 PM #49676

Glen Forister
    Participant

I would like to know more about the Edit/Fill up or Fill Down function.  I can’t find any information in the ver 5 manual about it.  Is there an explanation for it or a file that demonstrates it?  I certainly don’t want to play with my data files to learn.

Thanks.  Sounds useful.

July 7, 2023 at 7:44 AM #49677

Vaughan
    Participant

Thanks I’ll give them a try

July 7, 2023 at 7:29 PM #49678

Brendan
    Keymaster

@glen, it works just like in Excel or Numbers. Select a cell. Then shift-click to select the cells below or above the first selected cell. Then use the Fill Up/Down function to have Tap Forms copy the same value from the first cell to the other cells.

You can also just make a new, temporary form and experiment with that to see how it works without having to change your existing document.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.