Bookingsystem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Kristin Skovbo
    Participant

Hi All!

I am booker an have an agency for artists.

Iam looking for a database to keep track of all contracts / invoices that I make.

I have several colleagues, who uses File Maker, but I looking for an alternative.

I would like have a simple setup:

As an overview I use a spreadsheet, and for each event,  I write in a table in numbers: “Date of event”, “artist”, “customer”  “artist fee”, “our fee” “VAT” and total.

From that “info” I generate a contract and invoice in “Pages”, but I have to copy / paste the all the info in the contract and from that, make it a PDF.

Is this something I could use Tap Form, to make this process easier?

All the best
    Kristian

Denmark

June 17, 2024 at 4:54 PM #50800

JScottA
    Participant

The short answer is yes. I’ll leave it to the people more experienced with making booking systems with Tap Forms to help you with the details. I was a long-time FileMaker Pro user but my needs dropped lower than the cost (considering the current cost, it wasn’t a long drop). Tap Forms has filled all of those roles now. Replacing your spreadsheets would be easy to do.

June 17, 2024 at 8:06 PM #50804

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kristian,

As James mentioned, yes, you can do all this in Tap Forms. In fact, if you make a custom layout, you can paste your Pages invoice content into it and then replace the parts of the invoice that should have content in them with the Tap Forms field names surrounded by square brackets.

For example:

Dear [First Name] [Last Name]

Your account is now over due by [Overdue Days]. You must remit $[Remittance Amount] within the next 15 days.

Sincerely,

Kristin Skovbo

Or something like that. Or you can design custom layouts to suit whatever format you need. Attached to this response is a Tap Forms 5 document you can use as a starting point for creating invoices if you like.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 18, 2024 at 2:09 AM #50807

Kristin Skovbo
    Participant

Thanks!

I need a contract – like the one attached – is that possible?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 18, 2024 at 11:09 AM #50812

Brendan
    Keymaster

You could build something that looks kind of like that. I don’t have the rounded rectangles as in your PDF file though. However, one thing you could do, is you could import the PDF file as a static image, then place fields over top the blank areas where values should go. Then when you enter data into your records, it’ll appear there.

I would split the PDF file into two separate files though and create two separate custom layouts, the first one containing the first page and the second custom layout containing the second page.

Then on the first custom layout, select the second custom layout for the Print Next option. When you select the first custom layout to print, Tap Forms will then print the second page right after it. Or generate a PDF file or whatever you need. You set the Print Next option on the Layout Inspector panel on the right.

Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.