Apple Advanced Data Protection for iCloud Tap Forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Apple Advanced Data Protection for iCloud Tap Forms

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

data trac
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been searching and can’t seem to find information to confirm. Is the data in Tap Forms, if synced to iCloud, protected with Advanced Data Protection, if activated in settings? Thank you. URL for information: https://support.apple.com/guide/security/advanced-data-protection-for-icloud-sec973254c5f/web

June 23, 2024 at 7:20 PM #50836

Brendan
    Keymaster

According to Apple’s documentation there:

Advanced Data Protection also automatically protects CloudKit fields that third-party developers choose to mark as encrypted, and all CloudKit assets.

Tap Forms syncs with iCloud using Apple’s CloudKit API.

I have not chosen to enable encryption on any of the fields, however, it also says and all CloudKit assets.  The fields that Tap Forms stores your data in are defined as being ASSET fields. So I would think then that they would be encrypted when you enable ADP. The other fields in the CloudKit database are just things like the ID of the object (e.g. fld-......), and if a category or field, their names. But the data that you enter into your records is stored in a binary asset, which according to Apple’s document, would be encrypted.

In the screenshot doc_data is the binary data that comprises whatever it is that’s being synced, be it the field, form, or record data.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 23, 2024 at 10:35 PM #50838

data trac
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, fast response and good information!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.