Add up or down?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Glen Forister
    Participant

In Multi-column List View, on my laptop MacBook M1 Pro, I am editing a long list of items that are in order by Group (Class), then 3 sort fields.

I am going through this list and adding information to each record and adding records as I go which are in the order I encounter them.

When I add a record that is mostly like the last one I worked on, I use the “Command D” to duplicate the last record I worked on.

The new record inserted is sometimes positioned after that record I was on which keeps them in order. Sometimes it is positioned before the record I was working on and therefore out of order after I add the new information.

Is there a way to have this “Command D” consistent and add the duplicated record after the record it was duplicated from?

October 27, 2024 at 8:55 AM #51227

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Glen,

Unfortunately when two records have the exact same values, there’s no determination of which record should come first because the sorting is non-deterministic at that point. So there’s nothing I can think of at the moment that I can do about that.

Sorry.

Brendan

October 27, 2024 at 8:55 AM #51228

Brendan
    Keymaster

The only thing you could do is add a Date Created field type to your form and sort by that. Then Tap Forms would have something unique to sort by.

October 27, 2024 at 9:16 AM #51229

Glen Forister
    Participant

That sounds ok, except I have to sacrafice my 3rd sort.  I suppose there isn’t another sort field?

I’m already using Group by Records and then 3 sorts.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.