using Tapforms from iPad with no wifi?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

James Andris
    Participant

I am using iCloud sync with Tap Forms 5.3.35 on several devices. I usually back up to my MacBook Pro. I have a work-related situation where I occasionally need to use the iPad and there is no dependable WiFi.  I know I can use my iPhone as a personal hotspot for the iPad, but that is kind of a clunky situation. (I am a performing musician using the iPad on the music rack of my keyboard.) Is there a way to download the database to the iPad and operate Tapforms from that downloaded database on the iPad. (I have a backup on the laptop.) I tried, but saw no way to save the backup onto the iPad.

April 30, 2024 at 2:54 PM #50713

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Tap Forms does not require an Internet connection to operate. Tap Forms accesses a local copy of the database documents stored on your device.

You can use the Send Document function to send a copy of your document from the Mac to your iPad:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/send-to-another-device

Take note that if you use iOS 17, after you send the file from the Mac to the iPad, it will appear in the Files app. From there you can tap on the file (if it’s not already showing), then tap the Share button and choose Tap Forms to send the file to. It will then appear on the main Documents screen in Tap Forms 5 on your iPad.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.