Tap Forms mixing PDF with photos when opened on iOS

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Tap Forms mixing PDF with photos when opened on iOS

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Guy Daudelin
    Participant

Hi,

I’m very new to Tap Forms (just purchased the Mac and iOS version today.)

I’m getting a problem when I open my forms on iPhone and iPad. I created a form where I can upload photos and I have another field where I can upload the invoice for my purchase.

It seems that whenever I open the form on iOS, the app takes the invoice PDF and place it in front of my photos.

Is there something I don’t understand? I don’t want to have that file appearing there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 29, 2024 at 8:58 PM #50864

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guy,

Looks like you’ve found a bug. I’ll have to try to reproduce it and find a fix for it.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 29, 2024 at 11:20 PM #50865

Brendan
    Keymaster

I haven’t been able to reproduce this bug unfortunately. Is there a particular sequence of events which you can reproduce that causes it? I did some testing on a new document with it this evening to see if I can make it happen.

June 30, 2024 at 2:36 AM #50866

Guy Daudelin
    Participant

Thank you for looking into it. I have a feeling that I got a bug with the iCloud syncing procedure. I’m trying to replicate it but now, after deleting everything from iCloud and trying to upload it back, I can’t seem to be able to see my DB file on the iPad.

So, I deleted everything from iCloud and re-enabled it on Mac. But when I open the app on iPad, I don’t have the file listed at all. The only option I have is to create another database file. I can’t find any way to check for iCloud sync when I don’t have a DB file opened on the iPad.

I’ll leave 2 screenshots for you and a backup I made of the file. I can also do a video if you need more info.

UPDATE : Seems like my iPad was not connected via wi-fi to my main router and I changed that and now, I am able to see the file and open it. I did, changed on small thing and closed it. The problem didn’t seem to happen. So it looks like everything’s OK for now. I’ll write back if I find anything.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Guy Daudelin.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 30, 2024 at 1:08 PM #50871

Brendan
    Keymaster

There’s also the Send Document function which you can use to send a copy of your document from one device to another:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/send-to-another-device

I’m glad you got your networking issue sorted out and the photo/pdf issue appears to be resolved.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.