Losing images in the iOS version

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Hello,

The iOS version of my form — to which I sync from the MacOS version — has a number of illustrations missing, consistently, sync after sync.

What could be the cause? Is there a solution? (I’m afraid that if I search the pictures again, they won’t be exactly the same and Tap Forms tries to sync them back into the MacOS version, thus creating unwanted duplicates.)

And while we’re talking pictures, how can I delete pictures from the iOS version (sometimes, there are indeed duplicates) ?

Olivier R.

May 22, 2024 at 10:23 AM #50746

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

I would suggest replacing the document on your iPhone with the version you have from your Mac. Use the Send Document command to send a new copy of the document to your iOS device(s).

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/send-to-another-device

I’m working on a new version of Tap Forms that handles images and media differently, so this issue will be a thing of the past.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 24, 2024 at 6:12 AM #50749

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan !

I’ll try this solution.

Oliver

June 4, 2024 at 8:14 AM #50772

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Hello again!

So I did replace the document on my iPhone (iOS version: 16.7.8), using the Send document command, then sending it on the phone via Airdrop. I was asked if I wanted to open it in Tap Forms, which I did.

But now, when I try to open the database from TapForms, from the Document(s) chooser, I get a window with the title on the database on top, a + sign prompting me to Add a form, and a message below in fine print saying no form. Once in a while, on this very window, the sync gets off, then stops.

I don’t know if the document is there, if it’s empty, or what.

What should I do now?

June 6, 2024 at 7:13 PM #50777

Brendan
    Keymaster

Did you remove the old version of the document first? If not, try that and then re-send it over from your Mac. To remove a document, close it by tapping the (v) button at the top-left. Then tap the Select button. Then tap the document to delete. Then tap the trashcan button.

June 8, 2024 at 1:22 AM #50778

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

No, I haven’t. I’ll try that.

Thanks Brendan!

June 8, 2024 at 3:32 AM #50779

Olivier Ragasol
    Participant

Done: it’s all there, complete with the 758 records and all the pictures!!

Thanks so much. :)

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.