Issue with Link to Form

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

gchiu
    Participant

I have created 2 databases and like to link one with the other, I can see name of the database I would like to link to in the field, however, there is no record to be displayed (number 0) even there are several records already contained in that database, therefore, I have not been able to setup the linkage so far. If I tap search buttom to look for those records, I can find them, why is that? thanks.

Regards,

Gary

October 24, 2010 at 3:33 AM #4233

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gary,

I haven’t implemented the ability to link existing records to a field. I have created a one-to-many relationship between forms. That means you’ll have to add records to the linked form. You can use import to make things faster. But that would be done for each field. That is, when viewing the linked records, tap the action menu at the top-right and select “Import Records”. The records that you import from there will be automatically linked to the form for the selected parent record and field.

I have plans to implement a many-to-many relationship which would let you pick from the existing set of records that you have in a form.

As far as the searching goes, I think that may be a bug. I’m pretty sure I’ve fixed it for the next update, but I’ll do some more tests to be sure. You shouldn’t see any records from outside the list presented on the linked field.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 24, 2010 at 4:32 AM #4234

gchiu
    Participant

Dear Brendan,

I have searched related topics and understand you are working on it, really look forward to your next update, by the way, this is the most user friendly database app I can find in the app store so far, thanks.

Best Regards,

Gary

October 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM #4236

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m anxious to have this update sooner. I have a hundred record need to be choose from different forms.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.