before I buy ……

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

David Gilbert
    Participant

I have been happy with Tapforms but…….I’m away for a couple of months and now all is chaos.

On my desktop I seem to have 5.09. On my iPad I have Tap Forms HD. They do not seem to communicate at all any more, is that correct?

As I understand I just need to go to Tapforms 5 on my iPad to work with the desktop 5.09? Does that ipad version really cost $16.99? Or do I need this bundle thing, which is both the IOS and desktop version?

Reading the forums and such I’m wary of paying more money for something that might work, sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t, depending on whether you’re synching, clouding, beaming, sending, migrating, etc., etc. I’m also sticking with Dropbox, I don’t need another cloud service.

So, I hope there is a reasonable answer because I do like the desktop version.

Finally, I think finding a part time technical writer to clear up some of the very confusing verbiage would be an excellent investment. The paragraph below really makes no sense at all.

The main thing to know about getting sync working is that you need to have a copy of the same document already loaded onto each device in Tap Forms 5. To do that, you only need to create your document on one device (either from scratch or via migrating your old Tap Forms database). Then use the ‘Send Document’ function to transmit the document to the other device. If you’re sending to an iOS device, first go through the on boarding process, then make sure you don’t have any documents open at the time or you won’t see the alert asking if you want to accept the file transferring from the other device.

Thanks
    David

December 26, 2016 at 12:02 PM #20686

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Sorry for the confusion of the wording in my manual. Yes, I’m not a technical writer, so if anyone is up to the challenge of rewriting that paragraph, that would be great.

You do need Tap Forms 5 to sync between Tap Forms 5 on Mac and iOS. Version 5 won’t sync with version 4 (Tap Forms HD) and it doesn’t use Dropbox for syncing.

To get Tap Forms for iOS for a 50% discount, use the “Complete My Bundle” function on the iOS App Store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/tap-forms-5-hd-upgrade-bundle/id1140784710?mt=8

You should be able to get it for half price then.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM #20687

Gabriel Ramos
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I am thinking about buying Tap Form, I currently only have the trial version. As I need it to use it on my desktop and iPad, do I need to purchase both version separately? Or does the desktop version include the iPad app?

Thank you

Gabriel

December 26, 2016 at 7:39 PM #20688

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel,

The Mac and iOS versions are both separate purchases. You can only buy the iOS version from the iOS App Store and the Mac version can be purchased either directly from my website, the Mac version 5 free trial, or from the Mac App Store. Please note, the direct download version that you have now (via the Mac free trial) is a newer build than the Mac App Store version. I’m just waiting for the holidays to be over before releasing the same 5.0.10 update for the Mac App Store.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 2, 2017 at 11:25 AM #20709

David Gilbert
    Participant

Thanks for your gentlemanly response, as always.

I want to share my database with a few other people, and the way to do this used to be through the IOS version. Now the IOS version is somewhat highly priced for just this purpose. How can I share my database with other people as economically as possible?

David

January 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM #20710

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

If they already have the previous version of Tap Forms then they can upgrade to version 5 using the “Complete My Bundle” function to get the discount. Otherwise there’s no Lite version of version 5 anymore. Conversion was very low (less than 1%), so I decided not to do a Lite build for version 5.

You can always email them a CSV file and they can import into their previous copy of Tap Forms too.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.